Monday, November 29, 2010

Facebook and privacy?

Here's another example of Facebook making data they have about me available to their partners.

I went to nominate Fastnote for an award on Mashable and was offered the option of signing into Mashable via Facebook.

OK.

Here's what I got:

Mashable is requesting permission to do the following:

  • Access my basic information
    Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone.
  • Send me email
    Mashable may email me directly at (my real address)@yahoo.com ·
  • Post to my Wall
    Mashable may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos to my Wall
  • Access my data any time
    Mashable may access my data when I'm not using the application
  • Access my profile information
    About Me and Birthday

Mashable
Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment